Big Fire works Fri 19th July 2019

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adrian W 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Adrian W
    Participant

about 10.30 pm

JCEH
    Participant

What time was this? I newver heard anything on my side of the village!

Adrian W
    Participant

Hi Lorraine
    I am told this disturbance came from the direction of the property of Mr. Jackie Stewart. This may or may not be the case: but the burning lighting of the night sky seemed to originate from that direction.
    I am sure the noise level surpassed safe and legal limits.
    The adverse effect on wildlife and pets would have been very marked.
    I am surprised that no attempt appears to have been made to forewarn neighbours so that steps could be taken to mitigate the effect on pets and livestock.
    Our own beloved labrador died at the age of 6 years, previously fit and well, of stress cardiomyopathy (heart failure) three years ago: this was two weeks after fireworks were held in our village around Nov 5th.
    I find it incredible that people living in rural areas, who one would think are sensitised to animal welfare, fail to take into consideration the harmful and disruptive effects of the these extravagant, self-indulgent, and ultimately senseless episodes.

LorraineS
    Participant

Hi what is the very loud bangs tonight? The glow in the sky I thought someone’s house was on fire. It was coming from Tim’s way. I was not sure if it’s in the woods or not. It was so loud our dog ran and hid in the bushes and wouldn’t come out. How are the horses around here and the other animals. One of our dogs is shaking. I’ve turned the telly up closed the curtains and sitting with him. Both dogs have kennel cough at the moment which gets worse on their breathing when excited or nervous. If we had known we could have planned for it. Imagine if we had been out for the evening.

Lorraine
    Rylstone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.