Road Closure until Friday

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  VanessaH 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

carol
    Keymaster

I am sure that by now you will know that the road is closed again because there is a large hole by the pond.

I spoke to the Thames Water workmen this morning and they expect the work to take a maximum of 3 days. Given that the work started yesterday lets hope they will finish by the end of tomorrow (Friday).

Apparently the work done recently was only a temporary fix. They are now fixing the mains pipe so fingers crossed that we will have no more water on the road and no more road closures for a while!

VanessaH
    Participant

Thanks for the update. Let’s hope they fix it properly so we don’t have water running down the hill all winter.

TimothyLee

Dear All – I am afraid in addition to the Thames Water road closure work, of which we had no notice whatsoever, there is still the remedial work I reported at the DVHA AGM to be carried out by Bucks Highways in the near future to the subsidence at the side of the tarmac surface in Dinah’s Hill roadway opposite Dunsmore Park and next to the gateway into the paddock on the other side, as well as dealing with the settlement of the tarmac where car and lorry wheels pass over the trench dug out in August 2016 by UK Power Networks when separating the mains electricity supplies to both Dunsmore Park and Dunsmore Park Lodge. The areas have been marked out by Highways, but I have not yet heard when they intend to do the work.

Yours – Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Road Closure until Friday’ is closed to new replies.