Road closure by Village Hall

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  carol 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

carol
    Keymaster

John L has told me that he’s been on to Thames Water. Here is the latest news:

“I just got a call and with luck, the road will be fixed by tomorrow night. They needed a permit from the council to repair the hole but not to dig it!”

If you want to know, here’s John’s message about the cause:
    “A mains leak was called in last night and it was fixed in the early hours. Another crew has to fill it in. I pointed out that it was blocking the main access to the village and it was bin day, people were awaiting deliveries and so forth. They are supposed to callback by 3.30 with an update. I will check the hole and call them if nobody calls by then. I also pointed out that the warning/access notice signs were inadequate.”

Fingers crossed for return to normal soon! Thanks John.

carol
    Keymaster

Does anyone have any news on the road closure outside the village hall that seems to have materialised overnight? My builder left last night at 4:30 with no problem but tried to come up this morning at 8:15 and the road is actually blocked but no sign of anyone doing anything to get it open!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  carol.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.