Garden Bird Disease in Dunsmore

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JCEH 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JCEH
    Participant

Odd advice: I’d have thought with the current water situation a regularly cleaned bird-bath n a garden would be a far safer bet than some shared puddle or pond. I could do with something to wipe out the collar dove / pigeon population but I’d hate to lose any finches from the garden.

carol
    Keymaster

Andy and Judith are very fond of their garden birds and Andy has forwarded this warning about Trichomonosis:

This is a horrible disease that appears to be impacting on the bird population in the village.  We have had a number of sick birds and the only way to eradicate it is for us all to stop feeding the birds for a few weeks.  I have spoken to Garden Wildlife Health and they pointed me to this document (click to open in new window).

I have posted this information in the News section of the site so any of you who have subscribed to the news and are also subscribed to the Forum, my apologies as this will be your second email on the subject. I know that we have followers of this Forum who have not subscribed to receive News posts so I am adding it here to try and reach as wide an audience as possible.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  carol.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.